365 Complete Body Cleanse Product ReviewSaturday, April 20, 2013
Ever since I've peaked over into my late 20's, I've slowly become an advocate of cleansing - The Clean Program cleanse, in particular. After reading Dr. Junger's book, Clean: Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself, I started to put more thought in how important our digestion is to our overall well-being.
As I continued to research different supplements that I wanted to take for my DIY Clean Program, I thought about how different body cleanse supplements would go along with my cleanse. After spending hours and hours looking through the supplement section at different Whole Foods, comparing different kits from different brands, I decided to forgo the marketing and go generic with the Whole Foods brand. Even then, there were two different ones, one that was $12.99 vs another that was $10 more.
Me: Is there are difference between these two body cleanse kits?
WF expert: Shakes head - Nope, they are both pretty similar.
WF expert: Just buy the cheaper one, there's not much of a difference.
And with that extra nudge towards what I was thinking anyway, a decision was made and I went for the cheaper $12.99 cleanse - the 365 Complete Body Cleanse.
If you're looking for a more structured cleanse and diet plan to pair with the 365 Complete Body Cleanse, check out my post on Day 1: Starting The Clean Program & Grocery List for Clean Living.
Before I go too much into my product review, I wanted to give you a better idea of what the Complete Body Cleanse is all about. The next few paragraphs is paraphrased from the Complete Body Cleanse box, and as it turns out, it aligns really well with some learnings from Dr. Junger's Clean book.
Why Can a Cleanse Help Me?We live in a world that is full of many toxins and pollutants. The toxins from from many sources, including:
- High processed foods and artificial ingredients
- Pollution in our air and water
- Pesticides, fertilizers and other agrochemicals
- Hormones used in foods that we eat
How does the Complete Body Cleanse work?
- Cleansing Fiber Blend: A cleansing fiber blend for safe, thorough, gentle, and effective cleansing. For two weeks, four Cleansing Fiber Blend capsules in the morning and four capsules before going to bed.
- Herbal Regularity Laxative Formula: A gentle, non-stimulant laxative with a soothing herbal blend to utilize the natural water in your body to flush toxins away. For the first week, three Herbal Regularity Laxative Formula tablets before going to bed; for the second week, two tablets before bedtime.
- Milk Thistle Liver Cleanse: Liver support to help eliminate toxins from your liver and gall bladder and support liver function. For the first week, one Milk Thistle Liver Cleanse capsule at night; for the second week, one capsule in the morning and two at night.
This article from Livestrong.com describes the functions of this cleanse pretty well too.